58% of Sites Reported by ASACP Shutdown
ASACP (Adult Sites Against Child Pornography) is the
premier organization helping the adult site industry to make a difference
in the battle against child pornography. We are pleased to announce
that due to the efforts of ASACP and it supporters, over 58% of the
10,600 reported sites have been shut down.
Since 1999 ASACP:
- Has received over 50,000 reports of child pornography.
- Has reviewed the 25,800 of these sites that were
- Has reported over 10,600 sites to the FBI and U.S.
- Has had over 58% of the reported sites shutdown by
ASACP offers two unique advantages over alternative
methods of reporting suspected child pornography:
1. ASACP, being closely involved with the adult site
industry, can more knowledgeably cull through submitted reports and
only pass on valid illegal sites to the authorities.
2. Adult site webmasters and the general public often
feel more comfortable reporting sites to a self-regulating organization
like ASACP than to governmental agencies.
The ASACP logo is proudly displayed on over 2000 adult
sites that are taking a stand against child pornography. If you are
interested in learning more about ASACP or helping in the fight against
child pornography, please view the ASACP site (www.asacp.org).
For more information on ASACP Contact: Joan